I was inspired to create this post after hearing an episode of Barbara Gruener’s Corner on Character podcast episodes.
One of her guests talked about the power of mantras in helping to form a positive and encouraging classroom culture. I loved the idea. While I have strong values, I haven’t always articulated these into classroom mantras so that kids could hear how much I love, appreciate them, and how we can train our brains to overcome the tough stuff- the dips in life.
So, here are a few of my favourite mantras for the classroom. I hope you’ll share some of your own with me, too!
- I am surrounded by greatness!
- I am full of gratitude!
- Don’t give up, don’t give in, there’s always an answer to everything.
- There are no mistakes in art!
- I loved you before you even showed up.
- Listen to your heart; it will never let you down.
- Kindness is better than getting your own way.
- Fail gloriously!
- Judge less, love more.
- Do it and forget it.
- It’s not what you do, it’s what you don’t do that counts.
- You write the ending to your story.
- There’s always something to be grateful for.
- Start each day with a grateful heart.
- If you can say it, you can write it.
- You can do this!
- I believe in you!
- I am so proud of you!
What are some of your favourite mantras?
2 thoughts on “Favourite Mantras for the Classroom”
I love that you are inspired by mantras as I have been. I truly believe there’s a place for them in every classroom. I’ve added a few to my list: 1) You have a kind heart. Use it. 2) You’re kind of a big deal.
Thank you Tammy:)